Sunday, August 5, 2012

Reader Spotlight: Sarah Harrison


Sarah Harrison is a friend of Stephanie Fuller’s.  You may remember Stephanie from a few weeks back when I interviewed her on the blog for the first-ever Reader Spotlight.  Stephanie has now taken the leap into blogdom by starting her own, The Book Hipster. Go check it out…she’s off to a fantastic start (also: she put me on there.  But that’s not the only reason it’s fantastic…just go see for yourself.)

Anyway…back to Sarah.

Sarah and I made the Twitter connection through Stephanie, and fun times have ensued.  Sarah can throw down funny with the best of them, and we’re all about the fun and the funny up at Joe’s.  So I asked Sarah some questions, a glimpse into the inner workings of this awesome lady so we could all get to know her better.  And, not coincidentally, today is her birthday.

So she gets this:



And she gets this...

  
*****

Sarah’s day looks like this:
Well, there’s work. Then I go home!  I feed the cats, turn on the computer, cause a lot of trouble, and then I go to bed, satisfied with a job well done.


You have to pick four real people from any phase of your life to take into Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory with you.  Who do you choose?
Interesting – this question pretty much demands I choose nothing but jerks, so here goes:
The first is a lady customer at the department store I worked at in college who asked me when I was due.  She will be sucked up the chocolate tube.
The second is a little girl that I babysat one summer and she was the WORST. She will become a blueberry.
The third is the girl who bullied me in fifth grade.  She will be rejected as a Bad Egg.
The fourth is my Sunday School teacher who told me that I would be acceptable as a Nazi because I had blue eyes and blonde hair.  She will be shot with a shrinking laser.


Sarah has 50 bucks and unfettered access to a candy store.  What’s in her shopping cart?
I will probably blow it on fancy expensive foreign chocolate – the kind with unpronounceable names and wacky flavors. If there’s chocolate-covered bacon or chocolate-covered strawberries, I will nab some of those too.


50 Cent or Snoop Dogg?  Explain your answer.
Snoop Dogg, because he was in Old School. “Snoop-a-loop!”  Also, I have to admire a man who will coach football in pigtail braids.


The happiest moment of Sarah’s life was:
Holding my nephew Alex for the first time!



Your biography is being filmed (major studio, not cable or straight-to-DVD).   Give it a title, then cast yourself and the major characters in your life.
Lake Michigan Beach Blanket Bingo 2: Electric Boogaloo.  I am Kate Winslet, my boyfriend is Paul Walker, my dad is Burt Reynolds, my mom is Shirley Jones, my brother is Jason Statham, my sister-in-law is Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and Andy Serkis will give stirring motion capture performances as my 2-year-old nephew Alex, cat Alice, and cat Maia.


Sarah’s dream job is:
Well, recently I have said that my dream job would be to assemble IKEA furniture for fun and profit, but my true dream job was discovered on a trip to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills in the ‘90s.  On the third floor of the Lladro store I watched a video showing how Lladro figurines are made.  If ANY flaws are detected, during any point in the process, they are given to an old man WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER.  This guy gets to destroy overpriced porcelain all day with a SLEDGEHAMMER.  He is my hero.


Three words that capture the essence of Sarah – can be adjectives, nouns, verbs, conjunctions…your choice:
#SexbotArmy #SisterWife #SlugLife


If Sarah were a wine, her vintage/vineyard/label would be:
1976 Stone Hill Riesling


List the last five books you’ve read, in order of “like”:
Actually, I’ll give you the five books I’m reading right now (I can be a bit, um, scattershot in my reading habits):  Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke, Between by Cyndi Tefft, Lorelei of the Red Mist by Ray Bradbury, Joe Vampire by Stephen Luna, and John Dies At the End by David Wong.


Anything else you want to add?  Causes you want to push, products you want to promo, people you want to say “hello” to?   Blog’s yours…go crazy:
I play the character of “DEA” on the Gaymer Media Geek’s internet review show – please go here and especially watch his episodes on the Brotherhood series of movies!  http://blip.tv/razorvine


*****

I threw her some curveballs, and she knocked every one of them out of the park.  Nicely done, Sarah - thanks for letting me throw you on the blog!  And happy birthday, too...I hope to hear good things about the celebration tomorrow in the tabloids.  If I don't see your mug shot on page 2, I'll assume the party is still ongoing.  

Or that you haven't made it out of central booking yet.

Either way: excellent.

  

1 comment:

  1. Yayayayay!!! I love it!!! Happy Birthday, Sarah!!! I guess I should have bought you a sledgehammer for your birthday instead of what I actually did buy you...ha ha ha!!! <3

    Steven...another job well done, sir. Like I'd expect any less. ;-) Also, thanks for plugging my new blog. I'm hoping to make it as awesome as yours.

    ReplyDelete